5.03.2005

An exercise in self appreciation

I've been pretty hard on myself as of late. I want to post something good about me.

Things i like about me:
I'm intelligent
I'm faithful and loyal
I'm a genuinely nice person
I make an awesome friend
I have a good work ethic
I try my best at what i do
I have a pretty will power
I'm there for the people I care about
I learn things pretty quickly
I'm a wothwile human being
I try to be honest with myself and don't make excuses when i'm not
I love to laugh
I love to learn new things
I have dreams and ambitions
I realize i'm not perfect
I'm not narcissistic
I'm willing to hope
I'm willing to have dreams
I don't expect me to be perfect
I love myself enough to try to take care of myself as best i can
I'm a social butterfly
I'm good at figuring things out
I'm don't blame others for my shortfalls
I have a great smile
I've got a nice beard
I look HAWT in cornrows
I'm getting better at budgeting myself
I tend to take care of my belongings
I'm not afraid to go to the doctor and to follow thier sound advice (most of the time)
I'm a gamer who doesn't live through gaming
I can imagine
I can see the good in people and appeciate that
I don't cause more drama than I avoid
I'm a good listener
I'm willing to lose myself to a good book
I try to be my own person
I can be logical and rational
My can is nice
I can see the pleasure in pain and the pain in pleasure
I'm not quick to violence and anger
I can laugh at myself
I can apply my intelect to real life issues
I'm a college graduate
I'm good with my hands when i concentrate
I try to know as much about myself as i can
I have an extensive vocabulary
I know I can't spell and am not afraid to admit it
I'm always working on ways to improve myself
I appreciate art
I appreciate science
I appreciate the art of science
I passed Dr. Rassmussen's physio psych class with a decent grade
I try to use my mistakes to improve myself
I'm a fairly grounded person
I actually LIKE ren faire
I look damn good in a hat
I look damn good in a suit
I have a strong independant streak
I've never been called weak by anyone that matters
Including myself
I can continue to think of about eleventy billion other things i like about me off the top of my head without asking anyone.
I love me even when I don't like me so much AND can recognize the difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rook said...

That has been perhaps the most helpful post i've ever done. I feel better about me and who i am. And i'm STILL thinking of things i like about me.

5/04/2005 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is definately a good thing. You know it has never been hard for me to think of things I like about you. A whole shit load of stuff pops up whenever I see you, and I don't even have to try.

I think you are the the only person who I have known for 9 years and I still like. You are a great person, Anthony. I'm glad you figured that out.

5/04/2005 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home