1.21.2004

ARRRGGHHHH!!!!

So, work sucked a lot of ass today. First off, the guy from a vendor i need to talk to for troubleshooting doesn't answer my calls nor does he return them. Then, my director comes in and says " fix this guys machine. It's a priority" I haven't had a chance to even enjoy my first pop-tart and i gotta get running to the ER. Then, come to find out the hard drive is going bad. So i get to reimage, right? WRONG! i gotta build from scratch. That's right, base OS install on a compaq. So, after formatting the new hard drive, and installing the OS, i get to hunt down the nic driver just so i can do ANYTHING. After i get that done, i have to install every single application. Shit that is on the image, if there was one, which there wasn't. So, at this point in time, most of my day has been pissed away installing shit. I haven't got a single thing done i was supposed to. Nor any of the new shit i aquired in the past 24 hours. But wait, it gets worse. I finally get done (i thought) with the machine and install it. Come to find out i forgot to install two applications, which means i get to go back tomorrow and do that. PLUS, i had to do helldesk, which means that any time i had left over was sucked away, right quick and in a hurry. So, i end my day and restart my machine. Guess what. BSOD! not one, not two, but three. Hard drive won't even boot. So, tomorrow, I get to spend my morning praying i get ahold of the vendor AND rebuilding my machine. Isn't that special. And as an added bonus, the MCSE class today was a big, huge, glaring reminder of all the networking shit i've forgoten. Things that i knew a year ago i couldn't tell you now. So i got to end my day with a reminder of how much i don't remember. Yay fun. And i was 9 minutes late. Not that i got up late, no. I was doing good till i couldn't find my wallet (fell out of pants), my keys (next to wallet), had a big steaming pile of pidgeon shit on my front window, ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, RIGHT IN THE LINE OF SIGHT, and got stuck behind every constuction truck in existance. Seems that slower traffic to the right only applies to 66% of trucks out there. I kid you not, Seems that now construction trucks ride side-by-side, at 8AM, and only do about 40 MPH. Today had a fair market value of fuck-all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home