4.27.2005

MSM weighs in on the "blogsphere"tm

Blogs Will Change Your Business

This is a really interesting article. It had previously occured to me, what with some guy getting canned at microsoft for posting the now infamous picture of some g4's on thier loading dock, that businesses were catching on to the ramblings of the masses. it had also occured to me that this would have ramifications to you and I. What hadn't occured to me was the ways in which there would be financial gain for companies willing to give this a try. The GM VP having a blog was a bit of a shock. Usually, the big boys are the last to give something bleeding edge (at least from the perspective of a big boy business) a go. Contrast that with the slow uptake of Netflix to play nice with hackingnetflixdotcom and it would seem that perhaps in this case, having the money for a team of advisors pays off. So, the questionsi have are: What would a mainstream absorbing of blogs do for the little guy? Would we then have to watch every word we say lest we catch a liable suit? Or worse, and copyright suit? MikeRoweSoftdotcom got the nay-no from Redmond. What happens when Mike Rowe names his blog MikeRoweSoftdotcom? Does he then have to go back to court or settle out of it because of his sense of humor? What if I say vasaline instead of petrolium jelly? Or KY instead of water based intimate lubricant? Right now, nothing, I make $0 off my blog. But what if I was using AdSense? What if i decided to self host and sell some space? Does that now make my blog a revenue making venture and subject to royalties? What if I had a large readership due to no fault of my own? Do i then cross the line and become a profit making model? The thought of business in blogs. Hmmm... Discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home